Thursday, February 24, 2011

This n That @ 573 days



With some 500 plus days left before the planned leave I have finally figured a use for this blog. As the name says, Zen's wind. So the wind of/from my thoughts and general musings. The other two sites deal more with places and things I/we do, go, attend, etc. This one thoughts, formless...

As it is now, I'm still working with the Security firm. I can not say I hate it, but I do not look forward to going daily. It is all about a pay check. Which we really need. Therefore I am grateful to the Universe/God/Great Spirit for this income source.


I have gotten into a routine which helps the time seem to go by. 5am to 6am, Chi gung, stretching, some weight training using myself as the weight, some Hsing Yi. I tried doing Tai Chi, but I can not do it uninterupped, so the short combo Hsing Yi is best. 6:15 - 7:00am walk, around and around and around. 7:30 to 7:40 ( really 7:45 or so shhhhh) break. 8:15 to 9:00 listen to Japanese podcast.

It is a really boring job this routine helps me keep my mind off how slow the time goes. Also I'm helping improve myself and making the best of things. However one big bummer of this is it really messes with my Zazen schedule. When I do it in the morning it is the best, but I feel 4:00 am is too early. Also means I need to get up at 3:30 :-(
If I do it later in the day sometimes I forget :-(
At night I've had dinner and wine, so full and a little buzzed :-(

Sigh...

I have had no rays of hope on the job hunt, but I'm still at it. No longer expecting/hoping to get back into the graphic field, but really really wanting to get out of the security field. I'm seeking for anything I can do these days that will be somewhat interesting and be full time.

The P/T work at Blue Pelican Marine consignment store is working out good. I'm basically doing eBay sales, and not making much $, however the employee discount and first choice at the in-store items is great! It is a really helpful way of out-fitting the Zen cat yet $aving. I have to buy stuff for the voyage anyway this way I can get them cheap and stay in the realm of my Recycle, Reduce, ReThink ideal$. The theme of the Pa$$age.

End of the summer or midsummer we are moving on the the boat, it will help a great deal with the finances and prepare us mentally for the voyage. It is a small step but a big step at the same time.

A bit of a Zen question I'm pondering. In Ch'an we should live in the moment. Yet, I am looking forward to a visit from some friends from Japan in a couple of weeks. I know part of that looking forward has to do with not being pleased with the present, I need more Ch'an work there, yet I wonder is it that wrong to look forward to something, even though it is a escape from the present. If so , how can one make any head way, and plans, form any dreams, it everything is only about the present. Perhaps a question for my Ch'an seniors.

Perhaps the answer is not letting the dream of the future, control your being in the moment/present.

No comments:

Post a Comment